Sunday, August 9, 2015

(Not) A Hot Dog

One question I'm being asked a lot lately is, "Dubs, how are you doing in the heat?" People have all sorts of suggestions for helping me keep cool such as taking me swimming or shaving all my hair off. I don't really like swimming and I would probably be even hotter if my coat was shaved (not to mention I would look pretty silly!). While it is true that I have a lot of fur (a double coat to be exact), it actually helps keep me from getting too hot because it's my insulation. I still have to be careful not to overexert myself when it's hot though, which is truly a hardship.

So don't worry about me. Of course, snow is best but sun isn't too bad! In fact, sometimes on a warm day I will purposely seek out the only sunny spot in my yard. If you'll notice, even the cat is in the shade.




No comments:

Post a Comment